|NECK||6 x bolted / canadian hardrock maple|
|FRETBOARD||22 frets or fretless|
|SCALE||864 mm / 34", also available with 889 mm / 35" for 5-string|
|BODY OPTIONS||european ash or swamp ash or alder or mahogany and rarewood top|
|FINISH OPTIONS||matt, aged, selected highgloss colours|
|PICKUP||1 sandberg splitcoil / 1 sandberg powerhumbucker|
|PREAMP||sandberg 2-band, active / passive, passive tone control|
- California VM - electronic guide (699 KB)
- California VM Special (rarewood) - electronic guide (695 KB)
- guide for california basses (996 KB)
- guide for sandberg bridge (725 KB)
- California TM 5-string & VM 4-string review Bass Magazine 06/2008 Japan (1357 KB)
- California VM 4-string Masterpiece review bassquarterly 03/2008 (554 KB)
- California VM 4-string review Gitarre&Bass 06/2004 (591 KB)
- California VM 4-string review Guitarist Magazine 12/2008 France (297 KB)
- California VM 4-string review Soundcheck 01/2006 (63 KB)
- California VM 4-string zebra review UK (1941 KB)
- California VM 5-string review Bassprofessor 02/2005 (490 KB)
- California VM 5-string review Guitarist Magazine France (286 KB)
- California VM: Guitar Award 2005 UK (333 KB)
11 selected highgloss colours
All bodies with highgloss finish colours are made of alder.
Additional option: swampash body.
3 decades on stage
For our aged series we have developed unique techniques and special varnishes.
These skills give our instruments a true long time used look and feel.
The very authentic looking aged series is available in three different versions.
|type of aging||description|
|1. SOFT AGED||slightly worn, some scratches and minor damages,
10 years on stage
|2. HARDCORE AGED||heavily played, worn and torn surface,
30 years on stage
|3. HARDCORE AGED
|same as hardcore aged including aged hardware
and fretboard. All MASTERPIECE build basses are
getting vibration treatment to reach
an authentic old school sound.